Imperio de Mentiras on Univision
To keep myself organized, Episode 1's clues:
- Victoria didn't get home until after her daughters, even though she left earlier.
- Julia was only wearing one earring.
- Julia had a business card for the New York gallery in her diary.
- Creepy guy said Agusto was supposed to deliver stolen artifacts.
- The construction company is broke. Agusto was thinking of selling part.
- Adriana is the woman on Leo's team.
- Pablo is the older kidnapper.
- José Luis, the boss, is Leo's brother.
- Sara is Leo's mom.
- Gilberto Tapia is the jackass officially in charge of the investigation.
- Teresa is José Luis's wife.
- The younger kidnapper warned Pablo that he couldn't rape Majo because she wasn't like "the others."
- Mom and sister totally know something about Julia's murder.
- Leo finds Julia's missing earring and drag marks, meaning she wasn't killed inside the car.
- The kidnappers work for Tío Eugenio. He plans to have Elisa take over for Agusto.
This theme song is doing nothing for me.
Now Eugenio owns the cop in charge of the investigation too?
Ugh, telenovela trope: the worst-qualified person to run a business thinks they're the most worthy of inheriting it.
Sonia is Eugenio's wife. Yikes.
Always rape! Why is no one involved in the production protesting? Shouldn't everyone be disgusted at having to shoot a scene like that? Who sat there in the meeting and said "We'll have him run his hand up her leg..." instead of "¡BASTA!"
The head kidnapper's a pro at head games. He steered Elisa right into being a courier. Normally the character would annoy me, but then I remember he's not being repetitive because he's bad at his job, he wants her off-balance.
Fernanda has a son.
Oh, Elisa, don't raise your mom's expectations.
Why the resume? It's not like she applied for a job as mistress. Part of a grant proposal maybe?
Ugh, the music! For spaghetti and a shower?
The pop song was Carlos Rivera, Otras Vidas