Sueño de Amor updates

Univision has released a preview video for Sueño de Amor:

Based on what we’re seeing here, they seem to be trying to be new and different and fresh, but someone/thing keeps pulling it back into stale territory–as in, adding cheesy comedy because they’re afraid of letting things get too heavy. I also saw a musical number and I really got burned out on those during MCET (and that was WITH FF through them). It feels like it’s probably going to be very uneven–lots of good moments, but also some groan-worthy ones, and some “come on, haven’t we seen this a million times already.” So, in a way it’s something for everyone, but it’s also something guaranteed to piss off everyone at some point. The worst part for me…I saw a mime. *shudder*

In other news:

NovelaLounge has a synopsis and cast list posted that helped us put together this visual for you, along with some additional information from Wikipedia:

Sueño de Amor premieres next Tuesday, March 8, on Univision.

Paz
Paz

LOL! A mime, huh? 🙂

Paz
Paz

La Gata? A novela? 🙂

Sara

Uh oh. A mime?!

Sara

Ok. First of all, I completely forgot to tell you how much I like that chart. It’s going to be a big help.

Second – is that Christian doing to mime thing?

Third- I hate to admit how good/bad it looks and how much I want to watch it.

Sara

I really did like Una Familia con suerte and that was an Osorio production. I might really end up liking this one, too. I saw a lot more on the video to like than dislike. I will say this, I am a little concerned that there was a lot of eye candy shots. I mean, I like a handsome guy and I appreciate the human body, but if that’s the only thing you can think of to pull in viewers… Let’s just say it concerns me. The close up of a woman’s ass just straight up offended me. Not to… Read more »

Vivi
Vivi

Thanks for posting this, Kat. Now, I will say that this tn has some of my favorite eye candy– Osvaldo de Leon and CdlF. That’s a plus! Osorio is hit or miss with me. At least his kid is in a wheelchair in this, so we won’t be forced to see him dance, again. Lots of fresh/new faces. Amusingly, the girl who plays MariaBonita, the heroine in the fake telenovela they show in Lichita. I also like when the leads are mature and have fully developed lives. I’ll for sure watch the first week, and at least drop in on… Read more »

Sara
Reply to  Vivi

I’m looking forward to mature leads as well. Despite the problems, I did like Por Siempre Mi Amor because of the older leads.

stealth cacophony
stealth cacophony

I’m probs looking for excuses not to watch it, since its on at the same time as QeQ, and I don’t want to have to deal w/the schedule conflict, but it looks like it has all the things I dislike about tn comedies in it. But it has Renata Notni, she’s good, and I like the song at the end, and I escaped the scarring mime scenes in LG so that doesn’t faze me. But Sabine Moussier does nothing for me as a villana, even when she’s speaking English (or is it especially when?) and too much, I don’t know… Read more »