Gonul Premiere Week Watch Party 5/9/17-5/12/17

Gonul premieres on Telemundo at 12pm/11c on Tuesday, replacing Amar es Primavera.

The original Turkish title for the show is “Hatırla Gönül” which means “Remember Heart.” I try not to read too much before I watch, but I did find this very brief description and a promo video that that are hopefully not too spoilery.

It looks like we’re going back to thriller territory!

Sara

This looks like it could be good.

Sara

Me too. I just don’t know when “later” is.

Sara

Oh wow. That does sound good. I am definitely going to have to watch this first episode.

Sara

Just read your summary. I may have to stay up late tonight and watch this. It sounds so good. I want to know what’s going on. Mystery!

I love this one already! Thanks for the great recap. It looks like there will only be 13 episodes. Can that be right?

Thanks, Kat! Glad it’s short, since there are so many others on my list. The dubbed voice of Gonul seems familiar. Do you know if it’s one of the actresses who dubbed Tormenta?

Loved the recap–thanks! I first noticed the common pool of voices watching Brazilian novelas, but I probably shouldn’t try to make the connections. It becomes terribly distracting! lol

Sara

Just finished watching and I’m reading now…

“Mahmut gets back to the attic after making himself a sammich… ”

I had to laugh because thanks to you I now always notice when there’s a sammich. And that was a pretty awesome looking sammich!

OK. Now that I’m done reading….

Uy! We’ve got Yusuf swearing vengeance and now Gonul. This can’t be good.

Maybe it’s because he’s dying, but I’m hoping Kursat turns out to be not as bad as Yusuf thinks. I’m hoping he’s not really responsible for the death of Yusuf’s son.

So much mystery.

Sara

And really violent. I was surprised by it. That’s definitely a story I want to know more about.

Well, I pretty much want to know more about everything they’ve presented so far.

Sara

But the sent Hasefe to jail for shooting Ali and I felt like that was self defense… Or party defense. Or something.

Sara

Finally I watched the first episode. And yup…I like it. Well, except for Tekin. What an ass.

Sara

Yeah. My brain is screaming too. Mainly – “who the hell is Yusuf’s dad!?”

Sara

Forgive me for being behind and for the ridiculous question I’m about to ask.

Episode 1- Yusuf is looking at pictures of Kursat. For some reason I’ve got it in my head that Kursat is Yusuf’s dad. Or is it that Yusuf blames Kursat for the death of his child?

Because if Kursat is Yusuf’s dad….

I should not be watching these so late.

Sara

Well I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who jumped to that conclusion.

Am I the only one wondering how Yusuf would look without that beard? 🙂

I’m a beard gal, so I’m perfectly happy with Yusuf as is. :p

He looks like he could be related to the Soner/Elmer actor. But maybe it’s just the piercyness of the eyes. (I just made that word up.)

Reply to  Sara

Great invention! It’s a word that should exist, if it doesn’t. 🙂

Yay! I’m hooked, too.

Jean
Jean

Hi Diva: I’m in on Gonul although I’m still a few days behind in watching. I hope you’re right that it will be a short one. Two hours a day is tough. I really like it though.