We start this week at Episode 6 of 21. This post will start at Episode 6 and go forward from there–for last week’s deets, check here. If you haven’t already seen the lyrics video for the theme song, that went up this morning here: Saturno.
- Jovita – Raquel’s housekeeper
- Gabriela – Raquel’s “ex-best friend”
- Joaquin – guy who keeps harassing Mia at school; the “fresa’s” boyfriend
- Villegas – someone who works for Andres in a not-aboveboard way
What happened three years ago?
- Mia spies on Santiago and Raquel picking paint and gets upset. When she confronts Santiago, she makes it about the noise level, but accuses him of being too close to her mother. She screams at the guys and almost trips on debris, then yells at Nacho for trying to help. Santiago tells Raquel what happened, but she already knows Mia doesn’t like to be touched. She suggests they all go on vacation together to relax. Damian agrees with Raquel the trip is a good idea, but Santiago’s upset that Raquel told Carolina he already agreed. (5) In Acapulco, Carolina mentions she can’t swim. She and Raquel talk about the kids and Raquel says Mia and Fede are twins. Damian buys Fede and Nico matching guitars and suggest they take lessons together. Lola catches Mia cutting after she gets nasty responses to her vacation photos online. Lola tries to tell her parents, interrupting some heavy petting by Caro and Damian on the couch, but Mia instead claims she’s upset because Ignacio touched her inappropriately and she doesn’t want him coming back to the house. Raquel mentions that she doesn’t entirely trust that Mia is telling the truth. Santiago’s family go back home immediately. (6)
- Nico’s going to avoid taking guitar lessons so he doesn’t upset his dad, but Fede suggests they just say he’s coming over to study and lie about it. (6)
- Juan (the PE teacher) catches Andres accosting Lola outside her house and roughs him up. He admits he’s in “love” with her, but he doesn’t expect her to return his love. (7)
- Raquel’s been paying for Cintia’s stay at a rehab facility and having trouble making payments. (7)
- The kids are noticing Caro’s new “look.” Damian wants to skip out on a franchise meeting, but Azucena talks him into staying. Andres sees her outside and makes veiled threats, culminating in asking if she’s sleeping with Damian and saying once Carolina’s his employee she’d better treat him well. Caro panics and gets away from him, asking both Damian and Santiago to come find her. When Santiago arrives, she tells him a story about her taxi going in circles and getting nervous. (7)
- Lola still has Patricia pressuring her to go on this “date” with Andres. She promises she won’t back out. (7) Patricia’s friend drugs a drink Patricia passes on to Lola and comes on to her. Lola says she can’t remember what happened the next day. Patricia makes it clear she likes Lola, but she’s also threatening about their relationship not ending until she says so. (8)
- Caro wants to break off the relationship, especially after Raquel’s “ex-best friend” sees her with Damian outside a café. Caro thinks this is just a game to him, but Damian keeps insisting he doesn’t want to lose her and this has nothing to do with anything but the two of them. (6) Miriam accuses Damian of having an affair because he finally realized Raquel isn’t “worth it” but she begs him not to set that example for her grandchildren or let Raquel cheat on him. Caro apologizes for slapping Lola, but Lola says they’ve been “bought” by the Beckers and they’re not friends. She no longer cares about going on her school trip. Gabriela visits to warn Raquel about Carolina. She calls her “provocative” and says Damian got nervous when she showed up. (7) Damian mentions seeing Gabriela when Raquel asks and suggests Gabriela’s feeling neglected. In the morning, Raquel calls Gabriela to ask why she keeps sending her warning messages. Gabriela insists she’s just being a good friend. Damian visits Caro’s and she complains that she can’t go on like this, between Andres’ remarks and running into Gabriela. She kicks Damian out when Raquel calls, asking to come over. Raquel has a conversation with Santiago, who thinks Caro’s being “different” lately. Raquel shows up at Caro’s and confronts her about cheating on Santi. Raquel insists she’s not, that Santiago’s just scared of change. Raquel feels awful for saying anything and begs Carolina not to tell Santiago she asked. (8)
- As compensation for Mia’s unfair accusations against Nacho, Damian suggests Santiago have him and Agustín do some work at the office. He’s also told Mia to apologize. He claims he’s taken such a liking to Santi because he’s trustworthy. Andres gets suspicious of Damian wanting to bring Santiago’s people to do work at the office. He makes accusations about Damian being “hot” for Caro and him being the person Caro was waiting for at the catering location the other day. Damian tells him to get those ideas out of his own head and stop feeding them to Miriam. Nacho takes the offer to work at the office personally and not in a positive way. Miriam tells Andres to deal with Damian bringing these new people in, but insists she can no longer get involved personally and without Damian the company fails. She suggests he discredit Carolina in some way and Andres calls “Villegas” to help him. (8)
- Lola goes to Mia’s school to tell her she’ll tell her parents Mia’s been cutting if Mia doesn’t tell the truth about Nacho. Mia tells her parents nothing happened and she doesn’t know why she said it. (6) Mia begs her mom not to make her talk about it and just says she needs her. She apologizes to Nico, but doesn’t say what for. (7) Mia’s being clingy with Fede and he asks her what’s been going on with her. He has Raquel drop them both off at Mia’s school in the morning and so she can point out Joaquin to him. Raquel has Mia come to the foundation later and tries to get her to snap out of whatever she’s got going on. At Mia’s school, Fede and Nico beat up Joaquin. (8)
What’s happening now?
- Nico runs off from his uncle’s house after hearing what he said about Carolina and the house in town. Vicente finds Nico and accuses him of having caused problems already. He accuses Carolina again of only caring about herself–not Vicente and not her family. Nico gets a ride back to town with a stranger. (6)
- Santiago tries Raquel’s house, but she hasn’t seen Nico. Cintia seems suspicious of the way Raquel’s begging Santiago not to fall apart. Santi admits that Nico ran off because he might have overheard Vicente saying she didn’t go see him to negotiate visitation–she was in town with a man. Fede gets home, but he insists there weren’t any other places he and Nico went. Raquel, Santi, and Fede go looking for Nico. (6)
- Antonio and Godoy have Santiago come in to identify the shoe and tell him they’re going to step up their search. Antonio refuses to let him see the text messages. (7)
- Santiago, Raquel, and Fede find Nico outside the pasta boutique. He tells them he know his mother was having an affair after the accidental dialing, but he never asked who with. He feels responsible for her disappearing, but he didn’t want to be responsible for them separating. Even if she comes back, he thinks they’re “ruined.” (7) Nico worries to Lola about what’s going to happen to Benja and to them if his mom doesn’t come back. (8)
- Laura is insistent on being involved in Godoy’s investigation. She says he owes her because it’s his fault she lost her job and walks with a limp and she’s going to make him pay his whole life. She apologizes later and asks to see the text messages, but now he’d rather not show them too her, saying it wouldn’t be good for her. When she snaps at him again, he hands over his phone and no, she doesn’t seem happy reading Damian and Caro’s “love” messages. Laura writes the story up like a mystery novel and her boss is anxious to get it recorded and put it on the air. At least until he gets upset that someone told him they’re putting together another search and he thinks Godoy’s holding out on Laura. Antonio doesn’t want Godoy giving her information, but like Godoy says–someone else in the department is the one telling her things. Godoy’s wondering if it’s possible Santiago and Raquel already knew about the affair and they’re faking everything. Godoy’s on the phone with Laura when she hears his coworkers shouting that they’ve found something. It’s a hand, just visible at ground level. (7) By the time Antonio has warned Godoy to keep Laura away, she’s already there with a crew. (8)
- Andres sees Nico at the hospital and warns him his aunt will have him thrown out if she catches him there. He asks the doctor about Damian’s chances of recovery, but there’s not much the doctor can tell him. Miriam is insistent this is all Caro’s fault and she warned Damian she was dangerous, but she also wants everything taken from Raquel. Rueda pays Andres a visit to mention that he’s noticed the account problems and yes, yes, he knows they want to get rid of Raquel, but Andres is also emptying out the company till. If he puts the money back, they can get rid of Raquel and Andres can skip jail.(7) Andres wrecks Damian’s office looking for the checkbook, but Azucena’s guarding it and vows to protect it as long as Damian is alive. If Andres wants to try to fire her, she’ll go to Miriam. (8)
- Raquel and Santiago are feeling stupid for getting cheated on. Santi’s determined to find Carolina and get the whole story from her. Cintia suggests they have revenge sex. Raquel apologizes for Cintia running her mouth. He just hopes Damian wakes up so he can realize the woman he lost. (7) Raquel visits to tell Santiago she’s not going to abandon Damian, but she remembered something and wonders if he knew that Carolina was cheating? Lola overhears and says “they” (Raquel? Her family?) always blame “them” (Lola’s family) for everything. Raquel continues to press him, but Santiago turns it back on her, asking if it’s possible she tried to kill Damian, because she still can. What Raquel had remembered was asking Carolina if she was cheating and Carolina saying “no.”(8)
- Antonio calls Santiago to tell him to come to the site and that they’ve found Carolina, but he doesn’t say anything more. Raquel stays behind and passes the news on to the kids. Mia immediately calls Miriam to let her know. Miriam tells Damian and he starts flatlining. Santiago identifies the body as Carolina’s. She’s still wearing her dress and coat, so it’s unclear what the woman impersonating her took from the body besides her shoe. (8)
This is an open thread for discussion of the current airing of the show in the US. No summaries, no recaps, just chat. All standard blog policies still apply.
This post covers the entire week. Once the show airs in your time zone you are free to start discussing–please keep that in mind when you’re deciding whether you want to subscribe to comments.