Actually, we’re not at the halfway point yet. I’m behind, so talk away.
These notes start at episode 9 and go forward from there.
- Miguel (Villegas) – Andres’ skeevy friend
What happened three years ago?
- Mia gets dizzy at school. (10)
- Andres is still determined to use Villegas to humiliate either Raquel or Carolina. He wants him to put together a party of just men. (9) He tries to get Villegas to hand over a copy of the video he made with Patricia and Lola, but Andres claims he erased it already…and besides, they’re underage. (10)
- Juan doesn’t think a six-year age difference between him and Lola is so much. (10)
- Nico tries to tell Mia he likes her, but she’s not entirely convinced he’s sincere. (10)
- Damian asks Carolina to go away for the weekend with him, but not only did Raquel interpret “I have a work trip” as an invitation to join him, she and Caro also get their first catering job. Raquel confesses to Carolina that she’s using the catering job to get money without Damian finding out. She promises to return it quickly. She’s just going to borrow the advance for the job and use the credit card to cover the last of their expenses. When Raquel arrives at Villegas’ apartment to pick up the advance money, he hits on her, thinking she’s Caro. He gives her a larger advance than she was expecting and she takes it badly. Andres wanders in and that seems to explain everything. Andres swears it’s just business and Raquel agrees, but she’s going to be keeping an eye on him. She makes a comment about him having no limits and he asks if Damian has any. (10) Andres claims Damian likes “other men’s women” and points out he met Raquel “first.” He assumes if she picked Damian it must have been for the money, but Raquel reminds him that at the time the company was bankrupt and it was Damian who had to save it. Raquel has caught up on Cintia’s rehab payments. (11)
- Nacho’s son is getting his green card, but he’s worried about how long it’s taken. (11)
- Lola and Juan start flirting via text message. (11)
- The fresas invite Mia to a party, saying they want her to be part of the group. Julieta invites herself along. While she’s getting ready, Mia and Julieta hear noises in the hallway.
Mia takes offense at Julieta’s suggestion that Raquel is having sex with Santiago or one of the workers. She gloats when she sees it’s her parents together. Julieta thinks she’s lucky her parents are together–Mia agrees. (11)
- Lola tells her mom her friends paid for her graduation trip. Carolina argues with Santiago about it. (11)
- Lola is angry at Patricia for telling everyone they’re going out and for making tacky jokes about having sex for money in front of their other friends. (11)
What’s happening now?
- Damian did not die. (9)
- Santiago tells the kids their mom is dead. (9)
- Miriam snottily reveals to Cintia that the house Raquel has been living in is in the company’s name. (9) She never thought Raquel was good enough for Damian and seeing her upstairs with Santiago is enough confirmation for her. She intends to leave her with “nothing.” (10)
- When Godoy comes to check out Damian’s office, Andres tells him Carolina was stealing from Damian. Godoy has an audit Andres wasn’t aware about that shows he was embezzling. (9) Azucena hands over some reports from the last six months. Fernando says this is now a murder investigation and they’re still thinking personal revenge could be a motive, but so could money. Azucena says there’s no way Damian was embezzling from the company. When Andres gets angry, Azucena feigns innocence, saying it wasn’t confidential information and they had a warrant. And there’s no reason for him to worry about getting busted for embezzling since he didn’t do it, right? Andres says he was protecting Damian–that Damian was embezzling to finance his relationship with Carolina. He also mentions covering Raquel. (10)
- Godoy thinks Andres is their best suspect. (10)
- Juan catches Lola in the street to whine to her that she hurt him, but she can count on him. She asks if he means like last time. (10)
- The official cause of death is two gunshot wounds, plus Caro had blunt force trauma to her extremities and head and was 8 weeks pregnant. Santiago tells Raquel at the funeral, she tells her kids, but Lola and Nico read about it on social media. Santiago asks Raquel’s help to do a paternity test. (9) Mia overhears her mom and Cintia talking about the paternity test and tells Fede every day she gets more disappointed in their dad. Miriam is shocked when Raquel shows up at the hospital asking the doctor for a sample to do a DNA test. (10) The doctor agrees Raquel is the one in charge, since she’s Damian’s wife, but he’d be putting the request through the legal department all the same. Miriam is still sobbing to Rueda about the test later, but he says there was no way to avoid it. His team did find some things out about Santiago, though.(11)
- Laura’s boss wants something more “spectacular” than a news report about Caro being pregnant. Patricia visits to give Laura information. Laura visits Santiago, claiming she wants to help because she was cheated on too. If she doesn’t give the press information, they’ll just dig things out of the past. (10) Laura insists people are already investigating Lola’s graduation trip and warns Santiago not to make an enemy of her. Godoy arrives and confesses to Santiago that Laura’s his wife. Laura’s already refusing to tell Santiago what she’s talking about if he won’t give her an interview. To Santiago it sounds like Godoy has told Laura all about the case. Godoy insists he didn’t. He’s here to give Santiago Carolina’s wedding ring. Santiago tries asking Lola about the school trip, but she insists nothing happened. She sends someone a warning text that they’d better not have said anything. Antonio warns Santiago not to talk to Laura–she’s full of hate for Godoy and just trying to get him to talk. Santiago tries to question Nico about the trip. Lola sets a meeting with someone about Patricia. Godoy swears to Antonio yet again that he’s not the one giving Laura advance information. (11)
- Andres won’t tell Raquel what he knows about Damian’s affair. He wants to know if Raquel and Santi are together and claims he (Andres) is in love with her. (11)
This is an open thread for discussion of the current airing of the show in the US. No summaries, no recaps, just chat. All standard blog policies still apply.
This post covers the entire week. Once the show airs in your time zone you are free to start discussing–please keep that in mind when you’re deciding whether you want to subscribe to comments.