This is actually the semifinal episode from last week, but I never got a chance to watch it, so I’m doing that now to pass the time until the finale starts here.
Tonight the final five are dancing and two are going home. By the time the show starts tonight, the audience will have chosen the winner already.
- Johnny Lozada (previous season winner, morning show host)
- Poty Castillo (choreographer)
- Guest Judge: Bianca Marroquin
- Cause: Fundación Cabecitas Rapadas
- Style: Lindy Hop
- Partner: Emily
- Song: Get Ready (The Temptations)
- Feedback: I don’t know if he danced as much as he could have, since he was also singing. I do like when these young kids today show some appreciation for the classics 😉 . I don’t think the judges have a lot to say at this point.
- Cause: Teletón USA
- Style: Freestyle
- Partner: Jonathan
- Song: La Nave del Olvido (Jose Jose)
- Feedback: Those lifts! And she seems so relaxed for them now! Poty says ESPECIALLY when barefoot, walk toe-heel not heel-toe. Make a note of it. Johnny doesn’t care about her feet. Bianca caught how she made it look so easy.
- Cause: Aid for AIDS
- Style: Viennese Waltz
- Partner: Teresa
- Song: You Don’t Own Me (Grace ft. G-Eazy)
- Feedback: Well, that wasn’t the Dirty Dancing version. It works for Alejandro, though. Poty had some slight technical issues with it. Teresa told the judges earlier she feels confident with him.
- Cause: ASPCA
- Style: Cha cha
- Partner: Oksana
- Song: La Flaca (Juanes)
- Feedback: Again, the judges have nothing negative to say. And they ambushed him with a video from Laurie Hernandez. I don’t think Danell is a fan of video ambushes.
- Cause: Fundación de Niños San Jorge
- Style: merengue
- Partner: Juan Carlos
- Song: Rompecintura (Los Hermanas Rosario)
- Feedback: That was fun, and the judges were all impressed.
And the finalists are:
- Style: Jive
- Song: Candyman (Christina Aguilera)
- Style: Rumba-guaguancó
- Song: Preciosa (Rafael Hernandéz Marín)
- Style: Contemporary
- Song: Alive (Sia)