Caer en Tentación Finale Week Watch Party 2/26/18 to 3/2/18

Only five more episodes to find out what happened The Night of the Accident and whether the story really needed this many episodes.

Damián has a helluva nerve expecting Raquel to take him back!

ITA. He is incredibly arrogant as we saw in the flashback as well as he was still trying to delay telling Raquel that he wanted a divorce. What I found interesting is that he said that he remembered EVERYTHING.

What does Damián have to tell Santiago that would actually make him come on by to see him in in person?

Reply to  Jarifa

I can answer my own question since I finished the very end of tape this a.m. before I rewound. He wanted to talk to Raquel. Duh!

Ah, the delights of posting on the fly!

I like Mr. 5ft’s theory—a kind of Murder on the Orient Express! I agree that Damián is covering for someone.

I thought that the confrontation between Raquel, Santiago and Damián was bone chilling and disgusting in its own way but masterfully done. I will long remember that scene and along with the first and last episodes, I will remember it as a highlight of the novela.

Reply to  Jarifa

It was interesting that at different points Raquel and Santiago had to hold the other back from attacking Damián too violently. Whenever Raquel lost control, Santiago reined her in, and vice versa!

Vicente was such an animal at the accident. All he cared about was his money. So much for him caring about his dear sister. Too bad somebody had not done him in.

Well, that was a masterful ending. I loved it. It was satisfying. Now, if they just had cut some of the extraneous plot lines and annoying characters out and edited it down to about 50 episodes (which I think I said before), the whole thing could have been a masterpiece. I guess we will never know a lot of things like if Raquel was aiming at Carolina consciously or subconsciously considering the craziness of the moment and the state she was in. The ending was messy with loose ends just like real life. As for the art direction, the final… Read more »

The more I think about it, the more I like the ending. Plus, it explains the disturbing scenes in the very first episode of the novela, when both Santi and Raquel did things that made them look suspect. (Santi paying off some shady-looking character and Raquel coming home crying and in a highly agitated state.) All the pieces finally came together in a satisfying jigsaw puzzle.

When the last episode is posted OnDemand, I will probably watch the first and the last episodes again. Then I will be done with it. : )

Reply to  Jarifa

Love that idea–will do the same!

Reply to  Jarifa

I totally agree with you, Jarifa! And had it not been extended so unnecessarily, it would rank among my favorites. Despite its flaws, I’m now a big fan of Giselle González and will check out anything she does in the future. BTW, I think this is Gabriel Soto’s best performance ever.