Launch Pad (September 5, 2020)

Last week

La Vecina recaps.

This week

I’m being lazy.

The calendar, Proximas, and Horario are all up to date.

Links

Let me know if anything isn’t working correctly.

11 days ago

Any interest in watching Imperio de mentiras (Sept. 21)? I’m not excited about the cast, but I’ve liked Giselle González’s other productions.

10 days ago

I might be interested. Of course, that’s assuming Univision makes episodes available on the website. I’d be a week or more late so I don’t know if that would be conducive to conversation.

10 days ago

I’m really bummed about Los Elegidos. I’m pretty sure Galavison shows are never available on the Univision website. It’s based on an Atres series from Spain called Los Protegidos. Atres has an app and I could pay a monthly fee for access, but that sort of defeats the purpose of my saving money

I’m not an Angelique fan either, but it looked like Susana Gonzalez was in Imperio de mentiras and I do like her a lot.

10 days ago
Reply to  Sara

I just saw another promo, and seeing so much of Angelique already dampened my enthusiasm. The story will have to be really addictive for me to commit.

10 days ago

I find that can a problem with the shows that Angelique is in. She does seem to dominate.

Reply to  Sara

They’re showing so many closeups of her, just in the promos! I don’t know if she asks for that in her contracts or if directors just love zooming in on her face.

9 days ago

I get the impression she has a fan base and her shows do well. I bet the powers that be want her front and center so people will know she’s in the show.

Reply to  Sara

I believe you’re right, that all her shows have done well in the ratings. She chooses her projects well.

10 days ago

Ohhh… Black Love Money? I saw a couple of episodes of that too.

10 days ago
Reply to  Sara

The fact that you both only watched a few episodes leads me to jump to the conclusion that the story wasn’t very compelling. 🙁

10 days ago

I wouldn’t say that exactly… I do keep telling myself I’ll go back to it. I was watching it in Turkish and generally I like to keep my show watching to mainly Spanish. I might go back and watch it with the Spanish dub. I definitely had promise.

9 days ago

Exactly, which for me makes it feel a little more time consuming because I can’t really do anything else but sit and read subtitles, but if it’s English or Spanish I can knit or do something else.

Reply to  Sara

This is so silly of me! I don’t have Netflix, so I just assumed that Turkish novelas would be dubbed to Spanish–which, of course, makes no sense at all! 🙂

9 days ago

Some are, but some aren’t.

Reply to  Sara

Oh, okay. That’s good to know! I’d like to get Netflix, but I’m already feeling guilty about not watching the many series available to me on Amazon Prime, so it’s hard to justify another paid subscription.

9 days ago

I understand completely! My husband watches pretty much all Amazon Prime and Netflix. I was the one who needed an option with Telemundo or Univision, so we were paying for YouTubeTV and the Univision app. Then YouTubeTV really jacked up the price and I decided to retire. So we decided to dump YouTubeTV and the Univision app. Now my Spanish shows will be limited to what I have on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu (sorry… Gotta have my General Hospital and Coronation Street) and to be honest I’m finding a lot of neat stuff. To be honest I do find… Read more »

Reply to  Sara

I think it’s so cool that you’re watching Coronation Street! I’ve been watching its rival, EastEnders, since 1986 on our local PBS station.

9 days ago

I just started watching Coronation Street on a whim when I saw it on Hulu. It’s only been a year. Unfortunately our local PBS doesn’t seem to have Eastenders. I’ve heard it’s also good.

Reply to  Sara

P.S. I watched GH during college–the era of Luke, Laura, and Scotty. Don’t know if any of them are still around, but they’d have to be pretty old by now (like me)!

9 days ago

Luke is gone. Scotty pops up once in a while and Laura is now mayor of Port Charles.

8 days ago
Reply to  Sara

When I was watching, Demi Moore was also on the show! Thanks for the update.

8 days ago

I was an As The World Turns and Guiding Light gal. Meg Ryan was on ATWT when I watched.

8 days ago
Reply to  Sara

Yes, I remember her as a couple with “Steve”! Also, Julianne Moore and Marisa Tomei were on ATWT when I was watching.

8 days ago

Betsey I think? Steve and Betsey?

I think I vaguely recall Julianne Moore, but for the life of me I can’t remember Marisa Tomei.

7 days ago
Reply to  Sara

Julianne played Franny Hughes (a major role), but Marisa’s character was pretty minor.

7 days ago
Reply to  Sara

Yes, Betsy and Steve, a power couple! The actor who played Steve reminds me looks-wise of Jorge Luis Pila.

7 days ago

Ohhh… Now that you say it I totally see the resemblance!

10 days ago

Well, she certainly doesn’t look heavy when I Google her. Are they using fake padding, or did they ask her to gain weight for the role?

10 days ago

I caught the last 20 minutes of the late-night rerun of Cita. What I didn’t like was all the screenshots of social media and having to read what the characters were seeing on their cell phones, tablets, etc. I get enough of that all day without having it bleed into my TV shows, but it seems to be the trend these days.

Wikipedia says that this show started in the evenings in Mexico, but that the ratings were bad, so it was moved to the afternoon.