Launch Pad (January 23, 2021)

Last week

It’s like the new year started all over again. Biden was sworn in as President, but what felt especially meaningful for me was having Justice Sotomayor swear in Vice President Harris. I hope this encourages the younger generation to widen their scope of possibilities.

This week

Tuesday night, Telemundo’s lineup has a total makeover. Exatlón is back and La Suerte de Loli and Buscando a Frida begin.

Promo (just the one)

This came across my Twitter feed late Friday about Telemundo’s plans for new shows:

Links

Let me know if anything isn’t working correctly.

1 month ago

I’m confused; haven’t we already had 100 Días? The rest seemed new.

1 month ago

I don’t think they would have been able to film a 2nd season, given the pandemic. A friend of mine recently watched the 1st season on Netflix.

NovelaFan
NovelaFan
1 month ago

100 dias didn’t finish airing initially! They had to stop filming in March when everything shut down, and the show was yanked shortly after. (I only remember this because the last aired episode didn’t have an ending, it just kind of…stopped, and then the last 10 minutes was the actors doing a psa about please wear your masks and saying they’d see us soon when they could film again.) I assume they were able to finish at some point and now they’re ending the show properly.

1 month ago
Reply to  NovelaFan

Wow, I had no idea–thanks, @NovelaFan! Do you know if what they showed on Netflix includes the concluding episodes? My friend didn’t mention anything about the story being left unfinished.

NovelaFan
NovelaFan
1 month ago

No idea, unfortunately, it’s not on Netflix in the US. I do know they only got through about 60 eps out of a planned 120 or so,so if it’s more than that on Netflix, then she has the full series.

1 month ago
Reply to  NovelaFan

That’s right–my friend lives in Mexico. He must have seen the complete series there. I know he would have complained if it ended up in the air.