Monday night at 10pm/9c Teresa Mendoza is back on Telemundo. She’s spent the last eight years in Italy as María Dantés, raising her daughter, Sofia. When Sofia is kidnapped, Teresa gets in touch with old friends to help her get Sofia back.
If you watched the original Yo Soy Betty, La Fea you’ll have no trouble figuring out who’s who–they’ve kept most of the same names.
- Mariela and Alonso
- Alonso turned out to be Leonardo’s biological son
- Alonso’s in charge of Quadrum
- the hotel is being remodeled into a clinic
Lety and Santi
Cristian and Lisandro
Amalia and Noé
- still going strong
- dating her divorce lawyer
- caught the bouquet
- possibly starting a relationship with Dr. Ovalle
- returned to the priesthood
- Mariela’s biological father
- Living with Antonio
- still looking after Carmen
- Turned out to be Eduardo’s biological son
- still working at the law office
- happily divorced
- still lawyering
- took a bullet meant for Mariela
- shot by Rogelio at the law office
- in prison
- was actually Mireya somebodyorother who killed the real Renata
- lost both legs in a car accident while trying to escape the police
- in prison
- paralyzed after a fight with Rogelio
- unemployable thanks to all the fraud at Quadrum
- possibly turning to sex work to make a living
- killed himself in prison
- died in a prison fight he provoked
- last seen trying to escape the police
- still working at Quadrum (What? I like her, but she did blackmail Rafaela.)
- got a reduced sentence for cooperating with police
All of Season 1 is currently on Netflix and we’ve got a full set of recaps here, but if you’re looking for something a little shorter, we’ll walk through the promo video from Univision and the character list they’ve provided.
The woman getting dressed in an airline pilot’s uniform is Yolanda Cadena, la piloto. In the first season we watched Yolanda go from flight attendant to pilot for narcos to helping the DEA bring down a cartel.
The slow-mo walk through the terminal is an echo of the previous season. Then it was Team Sobrecargo, Yolanda’s posse of flight attendants. Now it’s Yolanda as a pilot, and two flight attendants–Olivia and Andrea.
Olivia was a character from season 1, being played this season by Oka Giner (photo 8/11). Olivia had a whole side plot in the first season where she traveled around in an RV full of weapons with a friend of her dad’s, looking for her kidnapped brother. By the time she and Yolanda met again, Olivia was her equal in handling weapons, making plans, and taking no shit from anybody.
Andrea (photo 9/11) is a new character this season.
The guy with the flowers, hugging Yolanda as she announces she got a job as an airline pilot, is Dave a DEA agent. When Yolanda first met him, he was undercover as Alberto, a fellow flight attendant. Dave’s had a thing for Yolanda from the beginning, which affected the decisions he made in going after Yoli’s then-boyfriend, narco John Lucio. At the end of Season 1, Dave and Yoli had moved to the US to start a new life.
The cute little moppet with the blonde curls is Arley. He’s the biological son of Amanda and Arley Mena. Amanda was a member of Team Sobrecargo who died in the first season. Arley Sr. was a hench of the Lucio brothers who turned his back on them when the Lucios left him to rot in prison. Arley walked off into the sunset at the end of season 1, leaving little Arley to be raised by Yolanda’s aunt.
Unfortunately, it looks like Coronel Arnoldo Santamaría breaks out of prison. He shot down Yolanda’s plane in Colombia and kept her prisoner for five months. Yolanda poisoned him so she could make her escape in a stolen helicopter. One of his eyes was damaged, but it wasn’t enough to keep him from going after Yolanda and insisting she’d be “his” again.
The guy in the orange prison uniform is John Lucio. He’s Yolanda’s ex. He taught her how to fly and thought she was the love of his life, but he believed the lies of his brother and Yolanda’s alleged friend Zulima. They convinced him Yoli was working for the DEA. He never came looking for her in the five months she was in Colombia and turned on her as soon as she got back. Yoli helped the DEA bring him in.
So, the setup for Season 2 is that Santamaría gets out of prison and kidnaps little Arley to torment Yolanda.
And I know, I said I’d really had enough of Santamaría and his sexual obsession with Yolanda, but I’m in if I get to watch her kick his ass again.
The only recurring character not in this promo is Monica Ortega (photo 6/11). She was part of Dave’s team, working as liaison for the Mexican police. The Lucios kidnapped her sister to force Monica into helping them escape. They later killed Moni’s sister. Even with the extenuating circumstances, she was still sentenced to prison. She had a thing for Dave and didn’t take it well when he constantly tried to stick up for Yolanda, but by the end of the first season she was at least resigned to him being with Yoli and promised him she’d always be there for him.
La Piloto 2 starts Sunday, July 29, at 10pm/9c. Do you think you’ll be tuning in?
- Tita – la jefa del campeón, Renata Menchaca
- Rey – future fútbol star, Tita and Waldo’s son
- Rey’s fútbol coach
- Fabi – future veterinarian, Tita and Waldo’s daughter
- Waldo Bravo – Tita’s loser husband
- Johnny – loan shark
- Toño and the other two guys – Johnny’s henches
- Tita’s dad, domino champ
- Tío Benito – Tita’s uncle who lives in Mexico City
- Delfíno – Tita’s friend, he’s had a crush on her since they were kids
- Doña Martina – the landlady of the pensión
- El Coronel Durán- alleged grump who lives in the pensión, works the night shift as a security guard
- Salomé’s husband, sells candy at the stop light
- Salomé – (Marisol del Olmo) one of Tita’s new neighbors
- Frida – Salomé’s daughter
- Bob and Ponchi – the other guys who sell at the stop light
- Genoveva “Beba” – Tita’s neighbor with the purple hair
- the school principal
- Emiliano – resident in the apartment building where El Coronel works
- Nadia – administrator of the apartment building, Emiliano’s wife
- Dante Chimal – ex fútbol star,
- La Bomba Rodriguez – ex fútbol star, Dante’s ex-BFF
- Naty – Emiliano and Nadia’s housekeeper
- Maika – Emiliano and Nadia’s daughter
- Valeria – Emiliano and Nadia’s daughter
- Mario – Dante Chimal’s assistant
And in case you weren’t sure what was going on in the first episode:
- Since they’re starting at the end, we already know Rey’s going to play for El Tri.
- Back up ten years and Tita’s dad thinks they need to go to Mexico City so Rey can get into a professional fútbol program.
- To raise money, the family throws a dance/party and sells raffle tickets for a motorcycle.
- Waldo owes the guys in hats’ bosses money, but he’s been lying to Tita and telling her that he’s been going off on jobs and people haven’t paid him yet.
- Waldo takes off the morning of the raffle saying he’s going to sell his boat, what’s left of his catch, and pick up the motorcycle for the raffle.
- The guys in hats threaten Tita and the kids if their boss doesn’t get his money.
- When the family flees the dance, Tita finds out Waldo took all the raffle money. (So, technically, yeah, they’re all implicated in fraud. Thanks, Waldo.)
- Tita and the kids are going to Mexico City and hoping her Tío Benito will help them.
Other miscellaneous info
- The theme song is “Cuando nadie ve” by Morat.
- Yes, that’s Carlos Ferro as the scruffy guy at the end, but from what they show in the entrada he cleans up good.
in order of appearance
- Mariela (Thelma Madrigal)
- finishing a degree in general medicine with the highest average in her class
- has a crush on Leonardo
- friend of Mariela’s, fashion plate
- friend of Mariela’s
- Mariela’s guardian
- still an artist
- Demián’s wife
Renata (Dulce Maria)
- Demián’s mom’s second cousin’s son Francisco’s daughter
- moving into Demián’s house
- working in Demián’s house
- Demián and Rodrigo behave inappropriately toward her
- has a crush on Santiago
- Demián’s main hench
- Demián’s housekeeper
- wears a much lighter uniform now
- Demián’s younger son
- guy in a yellow sweater
- works for his dad
- still has too much decency to be Demián’s son
- a numbers guy
Alonso (Pablo Lyle)
- Demián’s older son
- at university
- Eduardo and Carla’s daughter
- in love with Santiago
- Eduardo and Carla’s son
- lawyer, not by choice–would rather be in PR
- known for having excellent fashion sense
- still married to Eduardo
- pushing her daughter to marry Santiago
- finally got that notaría he wanted
- part of his job is collecting on debts for Demián
- Mariela’s other guardian
- alive and kicking and not following her diet
- lies to Mariela about it
- Demián’s brother
- still priestly
- avoiding his brother
- Leonardo’s agent
- also his girlfriend?
- Demián’s administrative assistant
- Carmen’s assistant
the church handyman
- Julio’s mom, Rogelio’s partner
- Carmen’s friend
- a lawyer
In order of appearance
- Isabela, “Bela” León
- decent shot, competes in martial arts
- goes to the same college as Emi, but they don’t hang
- Isabela’s dad
- Armando’s nemesis
- moves a lot of (illicitly gained) cash
- expects obedience
- orders Enrique’s entire family killed at the urging of Castor
Juan Pablo, “JP”
- wants no part of his dad’s business
- studying economics?
- Armando’s wife, JP’s mom
- starts drinking early
Emilia, Emi, “Mimita”
- JP’s sister
- spoiled rich girl
- Emi’s friend
- Isabela’s friend
- Lichita’s daughter
- pregnant (her ex is the father)
- wears a medal of the Virgen
- Isabela’s mom
- killed by Castor in the mall parking garage
- Isabela’s godfather
- Enrique’s friend
- spy for Armando
- works for INTERPOL
- housekeeper for the Leóns
- Maria’s mom
- the shorter of Armando’s henches
- the taller of Armando’s henches
- the guy who played Chamoy on QeQ
- woman in pearls
- Aylin Mujica
- three other guys
- Maria’s dad
A few years ago
in order of appearance
- girl on a bike
- Carmen’s BFF
- friends with Leti
- has a thing for Alonso
- girl on a bike’s grandpa
- a doctor
- wants to build a big clinic on his land, but he doesn’t have the money
- Quadrum has been trying to buy his land
- Leonardo’s godmother
- she’s been living in his house and taking care of it
- needs to watch her blood pressure and sugar levels
Leonardo del Rio
- he’s been living in NY
- Lucia dumped him years ago and he never got over it
- friends with Daniel
- possibly the father of one of Lucia’s children?
- construction company
- has been buying up all the property in town one way or another
- the Campanario site had a break-in
- married to Demián
- still has a thing for Leonardo
- runs Quadrum
- verbally abusive jerk
- lousy parent
- having an affair with Rafaela
- Lucia and Demián’s son
- won’t admit to having a thing for Leti
- Lucia and Demián’s son
- Demián’s favorite
- has a thing for Mariela
- Lucia’s cousin
- lives with Lucia and Demián
- works for Quadrum
- having an affair with Demián
- Lucia’s mom
- she and her husband Gregorio forced Lucia to marry Demián
- Sara had a “close friendship” with Leonardo’s father.
- Lucia’s (dead) dad
- he didn’t like Leonardo
- Demián’s brother
- a priest
- has mad bici skillz
- Demián’s cook
- Demián’s driver
- their daughter
- buddies with Santiago
- thinks guys are kind of useless
- friends with Mariela
- some guy who thinks he’s going to own Quadrum someday
- has a thing for Rafaela; it’s one-sided
- Demián’s personal hench
- guy in a suit who works for Quadrum
- responsible for getting Manuel’s property
- wants a notaría, Demián’s supposed to be getting it for him
- suit guy’s wife
- their housekeeper
- the Padre’s housekeeper
- Demián’s assistant
- Demián’s gardener
That’s all for now. We’re talking Corazón Que Miente on the forums.
Gala Montes plays Marisol Guerrero, who’s hoping to make it as a professional fútbolista. You might have seen Gala recently on El Señor de los Cielos as Luz Maria.
Jorge Luis Moreno plays José Maria Guerrero, aka El Patas. He left his dreams of fútbol behind when he had to support his siblings. Jorge Luis has also been on El Señor de los Cielos and El Chema as Victor Casillas Jr.
Gabriel Tarantini plays Julián Guerrero. It sounds like Julián is a bit of a hothead. Gabriel played Benji on Silvana sin Lana.
Ainhoa Paz plays Lili Guerrero, the youngest sibling. This is her acting debut.
Laura Chimayas plays Rosa Guerrero. She thinks she can get anything she wants by using her looks–quite a different character from the one she played on Sangre De Mi Tierra (Serena).
And yes, Laura Flores is playing the matriarch of Los Guerrero, Irma Solís.
Raquel (Silvia Navarro) is married to Damián (Gabriel Soto). Carolina (Adriana Louvier) is married to Santiago (Carlos Ferro).
Damián and Carolina have an affair and plan to run off to Miami together, but they get into a car accident on the way.
And apparently the question is, was it really an accident?